Saturday, November 03, 2012

Classroom Shenanigans!



Let me start by saying how stinking adorable our two students are.  Also rambunctious and hard to contain sometimes.  Which description is foremost in my mind depends on the day!  :)  But this post is definitely about the former. 
 
Twice a week after lunch, we work with play-dough.  It's usually free modeling, rather than guided, to let them have fun creating and just playing.  But Thursday, one of the boys was complaining quite loudly that he didn't want to play with clay.  So Colleen and I decided to inject a little silliness into the lesson, in the form of a blue mustache and glasses!  Needless to say, it was a hit. 
 




For the rest of the lesson, they were making variations on a theme, the one common denominator being that every creation ended up on their faces!  And of course, pictures must be taken. 
 
In case you're wondering about the odd angle, it was
the only way we could keep them from falling off!

I'm afraid I may have created a monster, though... one of the boys spent the rest of the day doing silly things and then making a camera motion with his hands, wanting me to take his picture!  After snack time that afternoon, I couldn't get close enough to wipe his face off until did.  My camera might need to take a long break before it's next appearance.   ;)


Having said that, allow me to regale you with one last shot from that day.  They had learned the words fork, spoon, napkin, and cup in their English lesson, so in P.E. they had a "Utensil Relay Race."  Each of them had a plate full of (uncooked) noodles on one side of the room and an empty plate on the other side.  They had to race to move them all using the different utensils we called out.  The fork was the hardest, by far!  It was so funny to see them hunched over them, walking as slowly and carefully as they could.  It was hard to get a good shot, since they were moving, but here's the best I could do.
 


So there you have it.  Our super cute students.  I defy anyone to find cuter ones!   :)

No comments: