Monday, August 15, 2011

Shenanigans

Ah, training... one of my favorite times of the year! Take a seriously awesome group of people and put them all in southern California for a few weeks- what's not to love? This year was no different. I met my new team, and we bonded over many things, not least of which was the photo scavenger hunt at the end of our first week. They gave us a list of crazy photo ideas, a few rules, and the morning running loose in downtown Pasadena to rack up as many points as we could. The general idea: to involve as many kind strangers as possible! We even got two women to let us take a picture wearing their shoes!



Rocking out on a stage downtown

Left to right: me, Jennifer (back), Amy (front), and Sara


Congo line on the sidewalk


The CIS alums also did our fair share of bonding. The regional director of Vietnam (and my former teammate in KZ) left the keys to their split room in the office one night and Jeffrey found them. What started as a joke quickly turned into something of a prank war!


Night #1: TP-ing the Vietnam room



The next night, when the keys were still there, we got a bit more ambitious! :)

Night #2: 650 balloons!
(we were up 'til 2am, but it was totally worth it!)



When Vietnam figured out how we were getting in, we had to turn our attentions to the Hungary room. Unfortunately, I wasn't in on this one, but I sure enjoyed the results!



At this point everyone figured out who was doing the pranking. I left before there was any retaliation, but I hear that one day the CISers opened their split room in the morning to find a few hundred pixie cups full of water covering the floor! :) Have I mentioned how much I love training?

No comments: