Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gratitude

Let me start by saying that I'm typing this latest blog entry on my new computer! As you may know, while at training I dropped my laptop and pretty effectively killed it. But a former ESI teacher who was in St. Pete two years ago has generously given me his old laptop (not even very old, really)! And his wasn't even the only offer I recieved. The generosity of the people in my life amazes me!

I've been thinking a lot lately about how extraordinarily blessed I am. While some might think that I'm 'sacrificing' a year of my life to do this, I'm mostly in awe that I get to do this! God truly does give us the desires of our hearts! That doing his will would send me to the ends of the earth to explore new cultures and make new friends while doing the thing that I love (teaching) simply astounds me when I stop to think of it. I am truly blessed.

In light of this, what business have I to worry about the details of his provision? As can be seen in the story above, as well as in numerous instances of generosity by my friends and family, he has it all in control. I am reminded that the earth is the Lord's and everything in it.

Of the many blessings poured out on me, one of the greatest is all the wonderful people he has put in my life. Every season of my life has brought with it some amazing friends. It is for all of you that I am particularly grateful right now- for your support, your encouragement, and your love. I truly can't thank you enough.

I really am overwhelmed with blessings!

No comments: