I'm also using this time while I'm still in the States to continue support raising. I'm currently hosting a fundraiser on facebook, which I'm calling the "$25 Challenge." The idea is that if 250 people will donate $25 to my ESI account by the end of the month, I'll dye my hair whatever color the donors vote for! There's currently a tie between red and blue, but there's still a long way to go, so we'll see. Whatever the end result, I will definitely post pictures here.
Speaking of posting pictures, I figured out how to create different pages on this blog (see the tabs at the top) so I can have a photo album, and also a page for prayer requests. I haven't done much with them yet, but check back later!
Since this has been mostly an informational post, I'll end with a little tidbit from training. One day as we were driving back from somewhere, some of the guys saw a handwritten sign advertising "Free Taco Soda." Once on campus we spent a good 20 minutes discussing what exactly taco soda might be, gathering more and more people all the while. Taco flavored soda? Soda you drink when eating tacos? Finally a group of us decided to walk down to the store to investigate. Here's what we found:

Notice the tiny little "or" slipped in there? Yeah, we didn't either! But we congratulated the guy behind the counter on a very effective ploy to bring in customers, and took a picture for our trouble. I love these people!
No comments:
Post a Comment