I'm currently in Pasadena, California, attending ESI training once again... or as some of you may remember it- boot camp. Training is a time to prepare new teachers to teach and cope with life in a different culture, as well as for learning about our new teammates (and ourselves). It's a very stressful but also a very rewarding time.
It was quite a shock when I found out that they were sending me to St. Petersburg instead of another Central Asian country as I'd expected, but now I am so excited. I absolutely love my new roommate, Erica, and the rest of our country team (Jeffrey in St. Pete, and Andy and Timon in Vologda). We're already forming bonds and inside jokes, and our morning getting-to-know-each-other discussions are usually filled with laughter.
The Russia team (minus Jeffrey)- Timon, Molly, Erica, AndyWe just found out our flight information, and I will be flying out on September 7th. I should have my cell phone with me until that last day if you want to call me, and I'll try to check my email regularly once I'm in Russia. If anything else noteworthy happens before then, I'll be sure to keep you posted. And then off to Russia! Stay tuned!
1 comment:
Team Russia is lookin' GOOD.
Post a Comment