Friday, February 04, 2011

Billiards

One of my favorite things to do here is play pool with our friend Arina. There's a great pool hall not too far from our flat. We meet on the corner near my place and walk there, more often than not stopping to get сосиски (sau-SEE-skee- basically giant pigs-in-a-blanket) at her favorite little bakery on the way. It only costs about a dollar each to play for an hour, so it's a relatively cheap and fun way to spend an afternoon.

My beautiful billiards partner

Anyone who has ever played pool with me will know that I'm terrible. But with all this practice I'm getting better. Arina, on the other hand, is awesome. But today a miracle occured! Due to the combination of me playing the best game of my life and Arina suffering from a spectacular bout of bad luck, I actually won! For the first time. Ever. Recognizing that this will probably NEVER happen again, I decided to take a commemorative photo- this is me aiming for the 8-ball for the first time ever. That's right- I've never even made it that far before!


Who says miracles don't happen? :)

No comments: