Well, I'm back in St. Pete and back in the swing of things! Those three weeks at home were exactly what I needed- restful and relaxing. It's a good thing, too, since the moment I got back our crazy busy social calendar picked up where we left off. Until this weekend, hardly a day went by when we didn't hang out with people. Dinner with the Germans, billiards with Arina, dinner/games with students, ice skating with students, Dasha's birthday party, Anne's 'moving party,' visits from both our teammates in Vologda... the list goes on. You won't hear me complaining, though!
One of my favorite outings thus far has been ice skating with Arina and some of our former students last Tuesday. Neither of us had been skating in years, so there was a bit of a learning curve. At first I could only make it around the ring once before my ankles started hurting and I had to take a break. But even the breaks were fun, including such antics as Arina and I "ice dancing" (oh yes, there's a video!) and Erica and I teaching them the motions to the YMCA song. At first they thought we were crazy. But we explained that anywhere in America when they play this song, people know (and often do) the dance. By the end of the song we had them all doing it (some of them a bit reluctantly) and it was hysterical! I can't wait until the next time we hear that song with them!
Anyway, here are a few of the pictures I took. If you leave me nice comments, maybe I'll post the ice-dancing video later! ;)
.
I was trying to 'be dramatic' for the camera, but we usually only caught me almost falling down afterwards
Ella, Lisa, Natasha, me, Paul, Arina
No comments:
Post a Comment