I was so proud of our kids- it was an hour show, and the only thing they did in Azeri was the national anthem! They did two dramas, two dances, six songs, six poems, and a gymnastics display. We finally got the video on Friday, so here are a few highlights. None of the videos are more than 2 1/2 minutes, but feel free to pick and choose which ones you'd like to see!
And now we get to actually teach again! I've always heard teachers in America complain about teaching to the test- we've spent the last month and a half teaching to the Class Night! It's quite a relief, to be honest.
While we're on the subject, I'll go ahead and share two small goals for the last month. Teaching kindergarten is as much about life skills and communication as it is about reading, writing, and addition. They've made a lot of progress, listening to and following our directions, saying please, thank you, you're welcome, excuse me, I'm sorry, and bless you when people sneeze. They know how to wash their hands well and cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough. They clean up after themselves in the classroom and at lunch, and they ask for things politely (most of the time). But there is still plenty to learn. So, here are two things that I especially want them to learn before they leave kindergarten:
- If someone asks a question, answer it, even when the answer is "I don't know." We have one boy in particular who will just think for a minute and then walk away!
- When you want to talk to someone, but they're already talking to someone else, WAIT. This is a big one. Apparently Rachael's high schoolers still haven't mastered it! :) But I'm determined to start our kids on the right track!
No comments:
Post a Comment