Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bowling!

About two weeks ago Jennifer and I went bowling with a group of students from our two evening classes, Boston and Seattle. It was great fun! When Adina gave our names to the person behind the counter, something got lost in translation- Ms. Stegmeier ended up as Mister Meyer, which I enjoyed all out of proportion with how funny it actually was. It was a fairly small group, but we had a great time.

There was some bowling...



...and some card playing...



But mostly, there was lots of silliness:






Our "normal" group picture (Boris, Aisulu, Vera, Adina,
Sabina, and Alex, with me and Jennifer in front)



but this is more true to life!



Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE our students?


Afterwards a few of us girls decided to walk around the city a bit, and then Vera and I went to her place to watch an old Soviet comedy (with subtitles, of course), translated as "The Office Affair." It's the same one I watched for the first time last year around this time. If possible, it was even funnier the 2nd time around! I am definitely going to find a copy for myself, and I will probably spend at least part of the summer trying to get people to watch it with me! Consider yourself warned... :)

No comments: