Thanksgiving comes at a great time of year, particularly for ESI teachers working overseas. It comes precisely when we need a break from teaching (and life in general) the most. A week of speaking only English and hanging out is exactly what I needed.
This year was different from my past 3 experiences in that we didn't go away for the whole week. Since I left the last time, it's become tradition for the KZ team to go to Karkaralinsk (a mountain resort in a town about 3 hours away) for the first part of the week and then return to Karaganda for the holiday itself. While I would have loved having a few more days to explore the mountains, I'm glad we were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with all the Americans in Karaganda.
There aren't many adventures to share, besides Jennifer making friends with all the stray dogs in Karkaralinsk and Katina and I making another beautiful lattice-topped apple pie (if I do say so myself). But here are a few pictures to share the fun:
This year was different from my past 3 experiences in that we didn't go away for the whole week. Since I left the last time, it's become tradition for the KZ team to go to Karkaralinsk (a mountain resort in a town about 3 hours away) for the first part of the week and then return to Karaganda for the holiday itself. While I would have loved having a few more days to explore the mountains, I'm glad we were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with all the Americans in Karaganda.
There aren't many adventures to share, besides Jennifer making friends with all the stray dogs in Karkaralinsk and Katina and I making another beautiful lattice-topped apple pie (if I do say so myself). But here are a few pictures to share the fun:
Dinner in the dining hall
Showing off our snow-caked jeans (it was knee-deep in places)
And just because it's my latest accomplishment, and I'm so dang proud of it- here's the pie Katina and I made (before the oven, of course):
I hope that all of you had a wonderful and memorable Thanksgiving as well! Happy Holidays!
2 comments:
Molly...as I said in the previous comment that I was unable to figure out how to send!!!! I'm not the brightest bulb in the package when it comes to this 'puter stuff.
I enjoyed your newsletter and so happy you sent it to me. I also enjoyed the photos you posted in this blog. And OMG...the pie!!! WOW...
Take care and stay in touch
Donna
WOW...look at me...the "light" came on and the comment posted!! Wooohooo!
So glad your mom suggested your sending me a copy of your newsletter. Keep them coming!
So Molly my dear...will send blessings your way and may you always feel the loving embrace of your Father!
Peace and serenity
Donna C.
Post a Comment