Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Teapot Song

This week I have my last classes with my two linguistics groups, since we only have them for one semester. This morning one class, which I named Amethyst, decided to give me a parting gift.

As some of you may know, every year I teach my students the song "I'm a Little Teapot." When they are late to class, their penalty is to sing the song for us, complete with the dance. It's become quite the class joke, and often late students are greeted with "Hello, teapot!" when they come in the door!

This morning I was running late myself because I had to print out their final exams, so I was preparing to sing to them. As I came up the stairs I looked up and saw several of my students on the landing above me. When they saw me coming, they all hurried to get to the classroom first- or so I assumed. But when I got there the room was empty. A moment later they all filed in with big smiles, apologizing for being "late"...

I love my students!


1 comment:

Sarah Elwer said...

that is awesome!