St. Petersburg is a gorgeous city- even our walk to the metro is beautiful. One of my favorite things to do here is take walks around our neighborhood. We live in one of the oldest districts of the city, so there are tons of beautiful old buildings and little parks tucked into the most random places. And I've heard tell of a bazaar within walking distance, which makes me happier than I can say. Now I just have to find it!
every day on our way to the metro
This is so St. Petersburg to me. These are the directions to our school from the metro: Walk towards the beautiful and historic cathedral.... and turn right at the McDonalds
And last but certainly not least... even though these signs are written in Russian, I bet you can still guess what they say!

4 comments:
Know that as I'm reading this, I'm heading to work with you... in my mind. I kind of wished we'd gone to that theater and I never did figure out what kind of stuff plays there. Well, I probably heard at one point, but regardless, we never went.
Glad to hear you're still enjoying St. Pete! Have you had sushi yet? Had your hair done? Gone to a tanning salon? Yah, it's a rough life, but someone has to do it.
Keep up the good work!
ha ha! Shannon - I don't know you but you make me laugh! You list of things you wanted to know if Molly had done yet - yep, I did all of those while I lived in St. Pete! :) The tanning bed pulled me out of depression from not having enough vitamin D - so I don't feel bad about that one at all!
Anyways, Molly what metro stop are you at? Your picture of the mcdonalds and the church made me miss all my students so bad! I remember that view so clearly! I'm really glad to see the church us better - it burned just after we left and those beautiful blue dooms where gone!
Blessings to you!
This is so awesome, Molly-wog. I'm glad you're blogging!! It's good to catch up, but also solid entertainment. It's better than tv. But in case both of those things get old, I can pop in a Friends dvd........
Turn right at the McDonalds... genius.
;)
Keep at it, Frau... let me know how to prizzay, if you know what i mean...
:)
Steph
Molly! Glad to hear that you're enjoying St. Pete so far -- after also spending a year only seeing the scaffolding and construction work being done on the church it's great to see it all fixed up!
Post a Comment