Friday, September 22, 2006

Water, water, everywhere!

And I do mean that quite literally. Apparently they are shutting off the water to the entire city of Karaganda for the next few days. They said at least two days, which could mean anywhere from three days to a week. Yay. And the water shuts off every night at 11. So Cat and I have spent the last hour frantically filling every container we could lay our hands on. We have numerous bottles we’ve saved from cokes and such, all four of our wash tubs, our teakettle, three giant pots from our kitchen that we don’t use, a random 5 gallon bin in our bathroom, and a bucket. It’s awesome. I sure hope that we won’t need this much, but you never can tell. And if we run out, there’s not a whole lot we can do about it. So we have water everywhere! Good times.

(Written Monday, September 18)

No comments: